Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Charlsey's changes...

There's not a day that goes by when I'm home that I don't move something around. I do travel alot and the good thing is everytime I come home I see things differently. I can't help but decorate my world. My girlfriends are always surprised at a new piece. I have really scaled down in the last 10 years. So many of my things I've gotten rid of are now decorating thier worlds.
My emphasis lately has been on rebuilding and renovating our 100 year old home. We went in and totally gutted it to the wood walls and then started on the foundation. We added
56 piers and our old house no longer feels like a roller coaster.
When I say we are redoing an old house ( I mean we...there are no carpenters around to lift a hammer it's me and my husband.)
We means "we". Ripping out old carpet was the easy part. Restoring the house requires so much more than cosmetics. When I read that Jennifer at the Old Painted Cottage is still working on her house. I totally ache with her. I'm 2 years into it and my master is still not liveable. It's okay though living with it can get alittle crazy..dust...dust..dust. It's a labor of Love' that keeps you going. I think anyone that's gone to "The Old Painted Cottage" website http://www.theoldpaintedcottage/ knows it's going to be great.

Posted by Picasa