Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NEED AN AWESOME BLUE FOR YOUR EXTERIOR PAINT COLOR? I have chosen an Awesome Blue for House Color.

A few weeks back we built this storage building building better known as the "ManShed". We painted it a lovely shade of yellow but then we had the roof redone and the cinnamon color of the roof and the yellow of the body color was just running together (too much blend and not enough contrast so since we haven't gotten to the exterior of our house yet...I repainted. These are the kind of colors that just scream cottage (and blue is such a peaceful color that I'm all about it!

I live in an absolutely gorgeous historical neighborhood and it was difficult to pick a color combination that was not already chosen but I feel I made the best choice.*special note* if you are looking for a blue as I was have someone make you up a sample ...this body color (Sleepy Blue) looks nothing like the color card.

There is a whole lot of my roof showing it's the way the slopes are done so instead of going forward with my plan of the marigold yellow I totally changed and came up with this wonderful combination. The (body) is Sleepy Blue *which really isn't sleepy at all.. it is super soft ...my husband says it's sky blue... and the (trim) is Greek Villa *which reminds me of vanilla ice cream. I chose to use the Coffee Bean Brown as an accent since my husband doesn't really like black on the outside of a house. I love black doors but in this case the brown is the best choice. Can't you just see it with the white picket fence and lots of roses??. I've been so busy on the inside to get a color chosen helps me to go forward with plans for the exterior walkways and such.