Sunday, January 3, 2010

BLACK-EYED PEAS AND NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

HAPPY 2010!!!
I went over to my Mom's house on New Years Day and had some wonderful stew and my yearly (((Southern Tradition))) helping of "black-eyed peas."
I came home and wrote out my 2010 RESOLUTIONS...for the New Year.
SOME say they don't do it because they hate looking back at their list and seeing all the things that they didn't get done. For me it's the opposite...no matter what goes on the list...sometimes short and sometimes long...there are things that get taken off the list. You know the feeling you get when you make a list of items you need from the grocery store and you check them off one by one...as you place them in your cart. ACCOMPLISHMENT... THEN YOU'RE DONE!
That's what my Resolutions list does for me...for example on my 2009 Resolutions list: I was able to take 3 very important things off of my list.
1. I cut back the diet coke I drink and love to... 1 a day.
2. I went back to Weight Watchers and ...rejoined.
3. I ...got off a pain/nerve pill that I had been taking.
NOW...let me tell you about me... why these were so important. I was out of control the Diet Coke I drank was up 6-10 cans a day.Weight Watchers...I had gained 50 lbs. The pain/nerve pill I had been taking for 5 years for nerve damage due to back injury.
END OF THE YEAR....RESOLVED. 1. One DIET COKE A DAY 2.HAVE LOST 30 LBS ON WEIGHT WATCHERS so far... 3. NO LONGER NEED THE NERVE PILL AM ABLE TO STABILIZE WITH EXERCISE...DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP FOR THE THINGS YOU...DON'T DO..."PRAISE YOURSELF" FOR THE THINGS YOU DO. RESOLUTIONS AREN'T ALL BAD!
MY NEW LIST ONLY HELPS ME IMPROVE. how's your list going????