Tuesday, November 24, 2009

AGED,DISTRESSED & WRINKLED...NOT YOU..THE CHAIRS!

This luscious rich tobacco brown fabric with it's velvet-yyyyyyy chenille texture will have all my guest saying..." Thank You"...not only comfortable but beautiful.
I am thoroughly enjoying how this project has turned out. These are the 5 chairs plus 1 I already had that I showed in previous post. I love this look and it's aged worn appearance. It's the detail in the chairs that makes them. (However, you know the old saying ...Devil in the details)...no kidding all these small areas to work the antiquing in place was time consuming but I have to admit ...worth it.


All the chairs were painted with Behr paint color (Polar Bear) then sanded and rubbed with Ralph Lauren's Faux staining and textures.When I sand I use hand sander, brick, rock, chain... anything that will mar the painted finish and give it an Old World... feel....and look!!



My 6th chair still needs additional antiquing but I did say this would be done Mid-week and it will be~C.